eGift Card Terms and Conditions
- General Terms
Office Depot eGift Cards are valid on purchases at Office Depot U.S. stores, online or by phone (excluding all gift and prepaid cards). eGift Cards are not redeemable for cash, except as required by law. eGift Cards cannot be used as a credit card or account payment. Safeguard your eGift Card and treat it like cash. Purchases are deducted from the card until balance reaches zero. Obtain card balance in-store, at 1-877-776-5056 or at www.officedepot.com. You must call before using the card if more than 5 years elapse since funding. No expiration date or service fees apply. Office Depot eGift Cards are issued by North American Card and Coupon Services, LLC.
You may not return or cancel your Office Depot eGift Card after it is received. Purchasers who wish to cancel an eGift Card purchase order prior to its delivery to a recipient should contact Customer Support or call 888-602-6948 prior to the delivery date selected during the purchase process.
- Lost or Stolen Gift Cards
We are not responsible for lost or stolen Gift Cards. If you suspect that someone has copied or stolen your eGift Card, contact Customer Support immediately. Any value that has not been used can be re-issued to you in a new eGift Card. eGift Cards will not be replaced if lost or stolen without the purchaser's confirmation email as proof of purchase. eGift Cards have cash value and should be safeguarded accordingly.
The maximum value that can be associated with any one eGift Card is five hundred dollars ($500.00) and total purchases for any one individual may not exceed ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00) in one calendar day. You may not use an eGift Card to purchase other eGift Cards. eGift Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, or redeemed for cash, except to the extent required by law. Void if reloaded, resold, transferred for value, or redeemed for cash. Unused eGift Cards may not be transferred.
- Office Depot eGift Card Customer Service
If you need assistance with any aspect of your purchase, ownership, or use of your eGift Card, please contact Customer Support. Please refer to your order number, or be ready to supply your email address.
- Payment Methods
Office Depot eGift Cards may be paid for with a valid VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express card, or with PayPal.
- Delivery Information and Requirements for Office Depot eGift Card Purchasers
- All orders of eGift Cards are subject to a process that compares purchaser information provided on the web site with information about the purchaser provided by the purchaser's financial institution. If there is a discrepancy, your eGift Card order may be delayed until it can be corrected.
- If the date on which you want an eGift Card delivered has passed and you have not received confirmation that the eGift Card was sent, please contact Customer Support. Please refer to your order number or email address.
- We are not responsible for eGift Cards that are undeliverable or not received due to your failure to enter an accurate email address for the recipient. Please check to make sure the email address of the recipient is correct and contact Customer Support if you suspect the recipient did not receive his/her eGift Card. Should an email be returned to us due to inaccurate delivery information for the recipient, we will attempt to contact you for a valid email address.
- Reasons for Failed Delivery
If you have confirmed the recipient's email address but the eGift Card has not been viewed within a reasonable period after the requested delivery date, following is a list of the most common reasons why delivery may have failed:
- Spam filter blocked email or routed it to a bulk/spam folder
- Recipient's firewall blocked the email
- Email inbox is over size limit
- Invalid email address
- If a spam filter is blocking firstname.lastname@example.org emails from getting to an inbox, the email options will need to be modified so that email@example.com emails are not considered spam. If you need further assistance, contact Customer Support. Please refer to your order number or email address.
- Personalized Messaging
- If you wish to add a personal message to an eGift Card, simply type your message in the Message field on the Gift Card preview. Personal messages are limited in length to the space provided on the eGift Card.
- There is no additional charge to include a personalized message. If we, in our sole discretion, find inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable messages, we reserve the right to cancel them. Thanks for your cooperation.
- Uploaded Images
You may upload your own image for display on an eGift Card. There is no additional charge to include your own image. As part of your electronic gift card purchase, you (or, if you are under 18 years old, your parent or legal guardian) hereby grant to Office Depot and CashStar and their affiliates and agents a nonexclusive, royalty free, worldwide license to use the uploaded image, including all intellectual property rights associated with the uploaded image, to create an electronic gift card of the uploaded image (the "License"). You, (or, if you are under 18 years old, your parent or legal guardian) represent and warrant that (1) your grant of the License does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity, (2) if you are uploading a company logo or other copyrighted materials, that you are authorized to grant the License to use the uploaded company logo or copyrighted materials to create an electronic gift card, and (3) you have full authority and rights to grant the License and to make the representations and warranties contained herein. We reserve the right to cancel, without notice or explanation, any order for an image that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be potentially unlawful or to violate any trademark or copyright law. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to replace inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise objectionable images.
The following image will appear as a replacement image:
- Disclaimer of Warranty
OFFICE DEPOT AND CASHSTAR, THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, PARENT COMPANIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES, MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO EGIFT CARDS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF AN EGIFT CARD CODE IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT CARD. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT FOR ANY CLAIM FOR INDEMNIFICATION HEREUNDER, AND EXCEPT FOR BREACHES OF CONFIDENTIALITY, IN NO EVENT SHALL OFFICE DEPOT AND CASHSTAR BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE OR PROFITS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PURCHASE AND USE OF OFFICE DEPOT EGIFT CARDS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify and hold Office Depot (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, including reasonable attorneys' fees, costs, expenses or damages relating to defending such claims, arising out of or related to a breach of your representations and warranties set forth herein, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party
The laws of the State of Florida, without regard to its conflict of laws rules, will govern these terms and conditions, as well as your and our observance of them. If you take any legal action relating to your purchase and/or use of Office Depot eGift Cards, you agree to file such action only in the state and federal courts located in Palm Beach County, Florida.
Office Depot eGift Card, powered by CashStar.